As used in this chapter and in ORS chapter 367, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Chief engineer or engineer means the person designated by the director under ORS 184.628 (Chief engineer).
(2) Commission means the Oregon Transportation Commission.
(3) Department means the Department of Transportation.
(4) Director means the Director of Transportation.
(5) Federal funds means any funds provided by the United States for cooperative road work with states, counties, cities or other municipal subdivisions of the state under Acts of Congress enacted for those purposes.
(6) Highway means every public way, road, street, thoroughfare and place, including bridges, viaducts and other structures within the boundaries of this state, open, used or intended for use of the general public for vehicles or vehicular traffic as a matter of right.
(7) Highway fund means the State Highway Fund.
(8) State highway means any road or highway designated as such by law or by the Oregon Transportation Commission pursuant to law and includes both primary and secondary state highways.
(9) This Act means this chapter and ORS 105.760 (State or county liability for damages resulting from change of grade of streets), 373.010 (Routing and marking state highways through cities), 373.015 (Notice and hearing before location, relocation or abandonment of state highway through cities), 373.020 (Jurisdiction over streets taken over for state highway routing through cities) and 373.030 (Construction and maintenance of streets). [Amended by 1969 c.599 §16; 1973 c.249 §28; 1979 c.186 §8; 1989 c.904 §34; 1993 c.741 §34; 2003 c.618 §44]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information