The Legislative Assembly declares that it is the public policy of the State of Oregon to preserve and restore the continuity and historic integrity of the remaining segments of the Historic Columbia River Highway for public use and enjoyment and in furtherance thereof:
(1) To reuse and manage the Historic Columbia River Highway as a continuous visitor attraction that ties together Columbia Gorge cities and rural service centers and contributes to their economic development.
(2) To rehabilitate, restore, maintain and preserve all original roadway and highway-related structures on the intact and usable highway segments.
(3) To connect intact and usable highway segments with recreation trails, where feasible, to create a continuous historic road route through the Columbia Gorge which links local, state and federal recreation and historic sites.
(4) To provide a coordinated visitor information program to identify and interpret the significance of the highway.
(5) To preserve and enhance the scenic qualities of the highway and its associated corridor.
(6) To coordinate appropriate state agency activities and funds to accomplish these purposes. [1987 c.382 §2]
Note: See note under 366.550 (Historic Columbia River Highway defined).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information