Powers of Portland as to Willamette River bridges
The City of Portland, Oregon, may:
(1) Regulate traffic upon and across the bridges and their approaches constructed by the City of Portland.
(2) Lay and maintain upon the bridges and their respective approaches constructed by the City of Portland all rails and tracks necessary, desirable or convenient for the operation of street cars.
(3) Provide for the use of the bridges and their approaches constructed by the City of Portland and rails and tracks by street cars propelled by electrical and other motive power, and the carrying of passengers on street cars.
(4) Make contracts with and grant rights, privileges and franchises to any persons, firms or corporations for the use of the bridges and their approaches under the City of Portlands jurisdiction as a road authority pursuant to ORS 810.010 (Jurisdiction over highways), and rails and tracks by cars, street cars and trains, the carrying of passengers and for charging and collecting fares and tolls under such rights, privileges and franchises.
(5) Contract for, agree upon and charge and collect rents and other compensation for the use of bridges under the City of Portlands jurisdiction as a road authority pursuant to ORS 810.010 (Jurisdiction over highways) by cars, street cars and trains.
(6) Exercise all other power and authority over the bridges and their approaches not expressly conferred by ORS 382.305 (Operation of bridges across Willamette River by Multnomah County) to 382.330 (Operation of Adams Street-Glisan Street bridge in Portland) on Multnomah County. [Amended by 2009 c.385 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information